Graduate Apparatus Program
More than simply a program of study, the Graduate Apparatus Program is an exciting and challenging immersion into the art and science of Pilates. In this program students gain knowledge of Pilates theory, exercises, and teaching skills on all the Pilates apparatus, including BASI’s proprietary Avalon System®.
The BASI Graduate Apparatus Program is for students who have completed the Foundation Apparatus Program. It is comprised of 36 hours of lecture divided into six study modules. Upon completion of the program, a student will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions for many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates programs, tailored to individual needs
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer individual and group sessions
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises, based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises, as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises
- Use the full line of major Pilates apparatus, including the revolutionary Avalon® system
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
- Work with specific populations and be equipped to embark on BASI Advanced Education courses
Once students complete the Graduate Apparatus Program, they may test for a BASI Pilates teaching credential which will qualify them as a teacher of BASI Pilates Advanced Principles, and embark on a career as a fully qualified Pilates professional.
Catch the BASI spirit. Live the BASI lifestyle. Be a BASI professional.