The BASI Mat Program is designed for those who want to gain thorough knowledge of Pilates Mat exercises and who want to become highly qualified Pilates Mat instructors. It is perfect for students who do not have the time or resources to study the Comprehensive Apparatus Program, or those in locations without Pilates equipment. It is also a stepping stone to the BASI Comprehensive Apparatus Program.
Upon completion of the program, you will be qualified to:
- Work according to the principles of Pilates and introduce these tenets to clients and students
- Assess posture and posture types, as well as detect postural deviations
- Solve problems and provide effective exercise solutions to many physical conditions
- Compile comprehensive and safe Pilates mat work programs tailored to individual and group needs
- Adapt a class to different settings and environments
- Integrate small apparatus into a mat class to achieve optimum results
- Use the BASI® Block System to successfully administer mat work classes
- Analyze and understand the Pilates exercises based on anatomical and biomechanical principles
- Demonstrate at a high level the vast repertoire of classic Pilates exercises as well as a wide range of original BASI exercises
- Modify exercises according to the needs and goals of the individual
Catch the BASI spirit. Live the BASI lifestyle. Be a BASI professional.